Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Bulwer-Lytton Contest - Horror Category Win

Former United States poet laureate William Stafford is noted for saying that the best response to writer’s block is to ‘lower your standards, and keep going.’

If one iterates this process enough times, their standards may descend to a level that makes them competitive in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest.
Anyway, I’ve apparently attained that distinction, and thanks to our local paper, my fifteen minutes of fame begins this morning. Not sure which makes me prouder – the win, or being referred to as ‘Hazel Dell man’.

And I have no idea what to say about the picture, except that I don't know whether I'll ever be able to unsee it.  

http://www.columbian.com/news/2017/aug/20/the-imagery-of-infamy-hazel-dell-man-writes-his-way-into-acclaim/

No comments:

Post a Comment