Saturday, July 15, 2023

Clarke and Dawe

A couple weeks ago, Craig Bruhn, North Eugene high school's student body president my senior year, not so long ago, posted a clip from an Australian sketch comedy team, Clarke and Dawe.  

It piqued my interest, so I looked into these guys, and have watched a few (less than a hundred) of their clips.  Much of my humor is dry – some dry as dirt.  But, for my money, it's the best deadpan humor since Pat Paulson ran for president. 

Their regular setup is that Dawe is interviewing a corporate or government exec (Clarke), and can never get a straight answer from him.  

Some of the skits land like a thud in my American ears, without the Australian context.  But lots of them, like this one, require no translation!  

Clarke and Dawe - Aircraft Carrier

No comments:

Post a Comment